Come secure a successful personal injury claim by earning more about your accident, your legal rights, and your claim options.

Collision coverage or property damage liability coverage? | Seattle Insurance Coverage Dispute Lawyer.

Andrew Kim
Connect with me
Personal Injury, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Wrongful Death and Catastrofic Injuries Attorney

Blog Category:
Andrew Kim
Comments (0)

What is collision coverage and should I purchase it?

Collision coverage is a type of voluntary coverage you can purchase which provides for the repair or replacement of your own vehicle after an accident, regardless of whether or not you are at fault.

This is different than property liability insurance coverage.  An innocent victim of an accident may present a claim for the property damage under his own collision coverage or under the negligent driver's property damage liability insurance coverage.  Your own collision coverage normally includes a deductible, whereas property damage liability insurance coverage does not.  In an automobile accident case, after a claim has been paid under your collision coverage, the insurance carrier who paid the claim may proceed against the property damage liability insurance carrier for the negligent driver to recover the amount paid out and refund you for your deductible. 

The Andrew Kim Law Firm represents people involved in a insurance coverage dispute and bad faith claims.  Call us at (425) 289-1990 in Bellevue and surrounding areas or toll free at 1-800-636-3676.

Category: Insurance Coverage Disputes & Bad Faith Claims

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Collision coverage or property damage liability coverage? | Seattle Insurance Coverage Dispute Lawyer."

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.