Is an insurance adjuster pressuring you to give a recorded statement after an I-405 accident? Read this before you do anything, so you can protect your rights.

I recently suffered significant injuries in an I-405 accident in Bellevue. The insurance adjuster is saying that I can’t proceed with a settlement until I give him a recorded statement. Should I do it?



No, you should not provide a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster after an I-405 accident . Instead, what you should do is contact an experienced Bellevue lawyer.

The insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic to your injuries and may seem convincing when he explains why he needs a recorded statement to move forward with your I-405 accident claim. However, please make no mistake about this situation.

The Insurance Adjuster Is Not on Your Side

Actually, it is even more complicated than that. You and the insurance adjuster have competing interests. You, understandably, want fair damages for the harm that has been done to you. The insurance adjuster, however, wants to pay you as little as possible so as to maximize the profit for the insurance company.

You Do Not Have to Speak to an Insurance Adjuster If You’re Represented by Counsel

Anything that you say to an insurance adjuster, whether recorded or not, may later be used against you in settlement negotiations. You do not have to take this risk. Instead, you have the right to tell the insurance adjuster that you are represented by a Bellevue attorney and that all further communications should be directed to your lawyer. It is your lawyer’s job to zealously advocate for your full and fair recovery.

Learn about the difference that we’ve made for some of our clients by reading our testimonials page and please contact us directly with any questions.