There are five important calls you want to make after a King County metro bus accident. Find out whom to call and how to learn more about your recovery.

Whom should I call if I’m hurt in a King County metro bus accident?



The moments after a King County metro bus accident can be frightening and the scene of the crash can be chaotic. It can be difficult to know what to do, particularly if you are injured. You already have the right idea, though. You already know that you need help.

Now You Need to Know Whom to Call

There are several phone calls that may be important. Some should be made from the scene of the accident and others can be made once you are stable and able to gather your thoughts.

Generally, you should consider calling the following people from the scene of the crash:

  • Your spouse, parent, roommate, or close friend, to let him or her know what is going on. The person you contact can make other necessary calls on your behalf and take care of things at home or work while you deal with your injuries.
  • 911. Someone else may have already called, but unless you know that for sure then you should alert police and first responders to the crash.

Later, you may want to call:

  • Your employer. You may need to be out of work for a while due to your injuries.
  • Your own doctor. It is important to talk to your primary care doctor even if you’ve been seen in the emergency room.
  • A personal injury lawyer. An attorney can protect your rights and possible recovery.

Stay in Control of Your Recovery

While it is good to get help, it is also important that you understand your own legal rights and possible recovery. Please browse the FREE resources available on this website to learn more.