If you’ve lost a loved one because of a mistake or a malfunction, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Here, we discuss damages you can seek.

Damages You Can Seek in a Wrongful Death Claim

Losing a loved one affects your life in a variety of ways. Along with the metal anguish you can suffer as a result of losing that person, you can also take a hit financially, particularly if that person paid or helped to pay the bills in your household. If the loved one died because of someone else’s error, or because of malfunctioning equipment, you may be able to make a wrongful death claim. 

How Seeking a Wrongful Death Claim Can Help

Although nothing can replace the person you loved, getting a settlement in a wrongful death case can certainly help take the financial pressure off of you. Here we discuss what you may be able to receive in a claim.

  • Economic damages. Wrongful death victims can seek compensation for the amount of financial loss they will suffer because of their loved one’s passing. These fees can include a loss of inheritance because of the untimely death, loss of the victim’s expected earnings, medical and funeral expenses, and loss of benefits.
  • Non-economic damages. Claimants can seek financial compensation for non-economic damages they have suffered in wrongful death claims, as well. For instance, they can seek compensation for the loss of love, society, and companionship from the deceased; the survivor’s mental anguish and pain and suffering; loss of consortium from a deceased spouse; and loss of the care, nurturing, guidance, protection, training, and advice from the deceased.

Fight for What You Deserve

If it weren’t for a careless action, your loved one would still be with you. Fortunately, you don’t have to sit idly by and allow this person’s death to go unnoticed by those who are responsible. The Andrew Kim Law Firm may be able to help you get the wrongful death settlement you deserve. Contact us by calling our Seattle offices at 800.636.3676 and set up your free consultation.