Dog Bite Attorney
Although the majority of dogs are well behaved, well trained, and non-aggressive, there are still thousands of animals in Washington State that are aggressive, out of control, or genetically predisposed toward violent behavior. According to the Center for Disease Control, there are 4.7 million dog attacks in the United States each year, with 800,000 of those affected needing immediate professional medical attention.
What are the consequences of these dog bites and animal attacks? Permanent scarring and nerve damage, long-term emotional trauma, and even death. Dog attacks can also have severe financial repercussions, with medical bills, missed work, reconstructive surgery, and therapy needs making it difficult for you and your family to keep up with regular monthly payments.
At Andrew Kim Law Firm, PLLC, we specialize in helping clients in the wake of a dog attack injury. With 15 years of experience in such cases, we are familiar with Washington State dog bite laws and with how to build a successful case against an aggressive dog or negligent owner. You, your family, and your children have a right to be protected from animal attacks and maulings – call us today to ensure that your case is tried fairly and to the fullest extent of the law.
Call me today to discuss your dog bite case at no charge
If you have been injured by a dog or other domesticated animal and need help, call me now for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-636-3676 or fill out the information form on this page. Let us help you find justice for your case and keep Washington safe for our families and children.
Dog bites can be scarring in more ways than one – make sure that the animal that has injured you or your family member does not attack again. Let Andrew Kim help you receive the compensation that you need and deserve to recover from your dog bite injury so that you can begin your return to your normal life.
Are you familiar with Washington State dog bite laws?
Washington State has some of the most progressive dog bite laws in the country and dog bite victims are well protected under these laws.
Dog bite prevention and facts
There are 75 million dogs living in the United States today – how can you protect your children and family from a dog attack?
- Know the most dangerous breeds of dogs. According to an extensive study carried out by Merritt Clifton, the editor of Animal People Online
Blog for Dog Bites
Library for Dog Bites:
- Why Children Are Common Victims of Dog Attacks
Was your child the victim of a dog bite? Learn why children are at higher risk of a dog attack and their rights to compensation for their serious injuries.
- Dangerous Infections You Could Develop From a Dog Bite
An infection can be a life-threatening consequence of a dog bite. Here, learn about common infections you could develop if a dog attacks you.
- Follow These Safety Guidelines If You Are Attacked by a Dog
What should you do if you are attacked by a dog? Here, we share tips on what to do to keep you and your family safe in a dog attack.
- Children Suffer Devastating Consequences When They Are Permanently Scarred by a Dog Bite
Children who are the victims of a dog attack can suffer serious facial injuries. Learn about common facial injuries and how they can affect your child.
- What You Need to Know About the Risks of Rabies Caused by Dog Bites
While rare, dog bites can cause a victim to be infected with rabies, an almost always fatal disease. Here’s what you need to know if you were bitten by a dog.
- What Are the Major Causes of Dog Aggression?
Why do dogs become aggressive? Fear, illness, and frustration are a few reasons, but owners' actions can also make normally calm dogs become aggressive.
- 10 Dog Breeds That Are Considered Dangerous
Are some breeds of dogs more dangerous than others? Here, we discuss some of the most dangerous dog breeds that could seriously injure you in a dog bite attack.
- Washington Dog Bite Laws That You Can Use to Hold the Owner of a Dog Liable for Dog Bite Injuries
If you suffered injuries from a dog bite, you may have several ways to hold the owner accountable. Learn the laws that could apply to your case.
- What Are the Most Common Injuries You Could Suffer From a Dog Bite?
Dog bites can cause victims to suffer very serious injuries or death. Here, we discuss the most common injuries you could suffer in a dog attack.
- Types of Nerve Damage You Can Suffer From a Dog Bite
You could suffer nerve damage from a dog bite that can take months or years to heal—if you fully recover. What are the types of nerve damage you could suffer?
- How Can I Help My Child Feel Comfortable Around Dogs After an Attack?
Dog bites are traumatic at any age. When a child is bitten, he can develop an extreme mistrust of animals. Read on to learn how to help him overcome his fear.
- Stopping Canine Aggressive Behavior Before a Tragedy Occurs
Before you decide to approach a dog, or allow a loved one to do so, make sure you read these tips about canine aggression and how to avoid serious injury.
- Buyer Beware: The Top 10 Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
When you’re deciding which pet to get, you likely want to stay away from breeds that are notoriously unfriendly. Here, we look at dangerous breeds.
- Head Injuries Caused by Dog Bites
Dog bite attacks can cause severe damage to victims, with head injuries being some of the worst.
- “Beware of Dog” Signs For Visitors: “Beware of Liability” Warnings For Owners
Just posting a sign might not provide Seattle dog owners the liability protection they hope for.
- Chew Toys, Dog Bones, and the La-Z-Boy: What Makes Your Dog Aggressive?
Learning the different forms of aggression may help you avoid getting bit by an angry dog.
- Seattle Dog Bite Lawyer Warns About Small Dog Bites and Small Dog Attorneys
A Seattle dog bite lawyer explains why small dogs can be just as dangerous and aggressive as large dogs, despite their size and appearance.
- Seattle Dog Bite Attorney: After Children, the Elderly Are Most at Risk for Dog Attacks
A Seattle dog bite attorney explains why the elderly are more susceptible to dog bites as well as what seniors can do to avoid Washington dog attacks.
- Do You Need a Seattle Dog Bite Attorney? Three Questions You Should Ask to Find Out.
Seattle dog bite attorney Andrew Kim answers the number one question on the lips of all Washington dog attack victims: Do I need a dog bite injury lawyer?
- Washington Dog Bite Law: Can an Intruder Sue After a Dog Attack?
Can an intruder file a Washington dog bite lawsuit? A Seattle personal injury attorney takes a closer look at dog bite and premises liability laws.
Frequent Questions for Dog Bites:
Web Resources for Dog Bites:
Description: DogsBite.org is a national dog bite victims group dedicated to reducing serious dog attacks by creating common sense laws. Through our work, we hope to protect both people and pets from future attacks.
- Humane Society Tacoma / Pierce County
- King County Animal Care and Control
Description: King County Animal Care and Control (KCACC) has worked hard to make program and facility improvements that benefit the animals and public in King County. Read the complete list of our progress and accomplishments and gain a greater appreciation for King County Animal Care and Control.
Description: A Northwest leader in protecting animals since 1967, the Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) shelters homeless animals, rehabilitates injured and orphaned wildlife, and empowers people to demonstrate compassion and respect for animals in their daily lives.
Description: Find a friend. Save a life.
- The Humane Society for Seattle / King County
Description: The Seattle Humane Society brings people and pets together to enrich each others' lives.