Slip and Fall
Most people see slips and falls as their mistake – you weren’t looking where you were going, or you were clumsy. But all too often, slips and falls are not mere accidents, but rather the result of carelessness by the property owner. If you are injured due to the negligence of a property owner in Washington State, you could have a premises liability case on your hands and you could be owed compensation for your pain and injuries. Did you trip because of an uneven sidewalk? Did a product at a store fall on you? Did you fall down because of a badly lit hallway or stairwell?
According to the National Safety Council, slips and falls are the single most common reason for Emergency Room visits. The U.S. Department of Labor reports that the average slip and fall injury costs roughly $28,000. For many individuals and families across the county, medical bills like that could put them in a dire financial situation that would be difficult to recover from.
Serving the Bellevue and Seattle areas of Washington State, Andrew Kim Law Firm, PLLC, specializes in securing financial compensation for slip and fall injuries and other instances of premises liability. With over 15 years of related experience, Andrew Kim and his legal team will help you determine if your fall could have been prevented by the property owner, build your case, and ultimately seek justice for you and your family.
What are some examples of premises liability?
• You are injured slipping and falling on a snowy, icy, or unshoveled sidewalk.
• You are injured when a product at a store falls on you from shelving.
• You are injured because of a poorly lit hallway, stairwell, or room.
• You are injured because of a poorly repaired stairway, sidewalk, or other surface.
• You are injured slipping and falling on a freshly mopped floor that is not marked as dangerous.
• You are injured at a construction site lacking cautionary signs or safety fencing.
In any of these cases, if the property owner was well aware of the danger that caused your injury, and if the property owner had a sufficient opportunity to fix the problem but did not, he or she could very well be liable for your accident and responsible for your medical bills and any related pain and suffering.
Don’t try to cover the costs of your hospital stay, medical bills, and rehabilitation costs alone. If you were not responsible for your slip and fall injury, it is up to you to make the property owner accountable for his or her negligence. Bringing your premises liability case to light will not only alleviate your financial woes, but it will also help ensure that someone else will not be harmed in a similar fashion in the future. Let us help you receive the support you need and make Washington State a safer place to live for everyone.
Call me today to discuss your slip and fall case at no charge
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident on another person’s property and need help with your case, call me now for a free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-636-3676 or fill out the information form on this page. Let me help you find justice for your case and keep your family from financial hardship.
The sooner after the accident that you hire an attorney to investigate your case and gather important evidence, the better chance you have of successfully winning your case. Although you should file your claim within 30 days of the accident, we will consider cases that are older than that. Also, be sure to visit a doctor and keep track of any medical records related to your slip and fall injury.
Andrew Kim Law Firm, PLLC has offices in Bellevue and Tacoma and meeting locations throughout western Washington and serves the following Washington counties, cities, and towns: King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County, Chelan County, Clallam County, Gray’s Harbor County, Island County, Kitsap County, Kittitas County, Lewis County, Mason County, San Juan County, Skagit County, Thurston County, Whatcom County, Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Sammamish, Snoqualmie, Edmonds, Everett, Renton, SeaTac, Des Moines, Kent, Auburn, Tacoma, Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell, Lynnwood, Marysville, Puyallup, Bonney Lake, Sumner, Buckley, Eatonville, Olympia, and Lacey.
Blog for Slip and Fall
Library for Slip and Fall:
- Major Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents on Sidewalks
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident on a sidewalk, it might have been due to another party’s negligence. Who could be liable to compensate you?
- How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen in Hospitals
Many slip and fall hazards exist for patients and visitors at hospitals. Discover what they are and your right to compensation if you suffer injuries in a fall.
- Your Right to Compensation If You Suffer an Injury in a Slip and Fall Accident on Government Property in Washington State
Did you slip and fall on Washington State or other governmental property? Learn about their liability for compensating you and notice rules you must follow.
- Slip and Fall Accidents at Malls: Why They Happen and Who Could Be Responsible for Compensating You for Your Injuries
You may suffer serious injuries in a slip and fall accident while at a mall. Learn the causes of these accidents and the parties liable for compensating you.
- How You Could Suffer Serious Injuries in a Slip and Fall Accident at a Hotel
Hotel owners have a duty to keep their property reasonably safe for guests. Here, we explain the dangers of a slip and fall accident when an owner is negligent.
- Gas Station Accidents That Cause Victims to Suffer Serious Injuries
Were you injured in an accident at a gas station? Learn the major ways people are hurt due to the negligence of gas station owners and other at-fault parties.
- Experts That Can Help You Win Your Slip and Fall Claim
You may need expert witnesses to prove your right to compensation following a slip and fall accident. Discover what types of experts are used in these cases.
- What Evidence Will Be Important When You File Your Slip and Fall Claim?
You need evidence to prove that a business was negligent in causing your fall. Here, we discuss what you should collect to have a strong claim for compensation.
- What Are the Leading Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Seattle-Area Parking Lots?
If you were hurt in a parking lot slip and fall, you may be entitled to damages from the property owner. Learn how their negligence causes these accidents.
- Five Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries at Restaurants
How do slip and fall accidents happen at restaurants? Here, learn the common causes and what to do if you were hurt in an accident at a Seattle-area restaurant.
- Reasons to Retain a Skilled Washington State Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Do you need a lawyer for your slip and fall case? Here, discover how hiring an experienced Washington State slip and fall attorney can benefit you.
- Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries at Your Local Grocery Store
Did you slip and fall at the grocery store? Find out the causes of these accidents at supermarkets and when the owner may be responsible for compensating you.
- Reasons to Stay Off Social Media During Your Slip and Fall Case
Do you post on social media sites? Learn how your social media posts can hurt your claim for compensation for your injuries in a slip and fall accident.
- Types of Compensation Awarded to Victims in Slip and Fall Accident Claims
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the negligent party. What types of compensation can you receive?
- Injuries Children Suffer in Slip and Fall Accidents at School
Was your child hurt in a school slip and fall accident? Learn about the causes, the injuries your child may suffer, and obtaining compensation for your child.
- Top Reasons for Slip and Fall Accidents Caused by Negligence
How could you suffer injuries in a slip and fall accident? Here, we explain common ways negligent business and property owners cause slip and fall accidents.
- Why Elderly Victims Injure Themselves in Slip and Fall Accidents
What are the common causes of elderly slip and fall accidents? Learn the answer here and why claims for compensation can be more challenging if you’re older.
- What You Should Do and NOT Do Following a Slip and Fall Accident
Were you injured in a slip and fall accident? Here, we discuss the steps you should take and what you should not do to build a strong claim for compensation.
- Protecting Your Older Loved Ones From Slip and Fall Injuries
Although a sip and fall injury can be painful no matter how old you are, the risk of suffering severe injuries increases as you age. Click here to see why.
- Protecting Against the Alarming Risks of Slip and Fall Accidents
Protecting Against the Alarming Risks of Slip and Fall Accidents
Your friends may call you clumsy, but slip and fall accidents are more common (and more dangerous) than you may think. Click here to see why.
Frequent Questions for Slip and Fall: